Thursday, September 10, 2009

Trains Trains Trains




Left Chicago with Jon for the tour start in Boston. There are certain things about the trip that stuck out for me, one is that the larger the train station, the friendlier the staff. When I left Minneapolis/St Paul I felt rushed and like everything was a big deal. Chicago and Boston, they couldn't have been more pleasant and helpful, so thanks Chitown and Beantown Amtrak employees, you made the trip, that much easier.

One other thing that was interesting is that I happened to wake up as we passed through Jon and My hometown of Rochester, NY. Perhaps it was some of that hometown connection making me feel bad for missing out on the NY fall weather, my family and friends, or just a strange coincidence? Either way, the train does provide a different view of the country. From small towns, to industrial parks, to the middle of nowhere it can be a beautiful ride if you don't mind the wait.

1 comment: