Sunday, October 11, 2009

The Outer Banks



Today is our last day on the Outer Banks of North Carolina. The skies have darkened, but the wind will be at our backs pushing us along towards ferries and terraferma. It has been a great time to ride by the ocean for the last few days, there are even some large bike friendly sidewalk paths and separated areas to ride! There was also the longest bridge we have ridden across from Kittyhawk to Hatteras Island, almost 2 miles! I can't wait to see how it feels to ride the bridges between the Key's in a month. We stayed a night in Kitty Hawk at Adventure Bound Campground where we had Peacocks for site mates. People here have been helpful and friendly, it has definitely been a highlight of the trip.

So far we have ridden 827 miles and have 1418 miles to go. I remember driving to Florida with my family when I was young and my brother, sister and I being so excited when we got to Florida, even when my dad told us we still had a long way to go. I will definitely be excited to get to Florida again and I don't think we will mind the extra days along the coast to get to Key West.

No comments:

Post a Comment