Thursday, November 12, 2009

Into the organic coastline



As we head into the everglades, I have learned a few things, the everglades are not a swamp, but rather a slow moving river (about 1/4 mile per day, or just slower than we are moving :)) which forms an organic coastline at the bottom of Florida. From what I understand, an organic coastline is one that is changing through deposits of sand carried by the currents. I have also learned a bit about snakes and aligators, some of which you can see above. That's all for now, thanks for reading and I will post more as soon as I can. Thanks for reading.

Blake

2 comments:

  1. Good shit man. Glad you guys made it down there alright.

    love,
    Schmitty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the poisonous snake tips. That first picture of the cloudy sky is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete